Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Diabetic. Has a chronic subdural haematoma. What treatment should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 661 Questions
Hello Sir,
My name is XXXXXXX my father has a chronic subdural haematoma he is a diabetic patient also can you please suggest me with the right direction on the treatment. Thanks.
Posted Sun, 28 Apr 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 17 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

The diabetic patients are more prone to develop infections and complication therefore they are always suggested to get immediate medical care for any complicated condition.

The better and right direction on the treatment is to consult a good neurosurgeon because the hematoma needs to be drained out by aspiration mainly by burnhole procedure. However before going for surgery the diabetic status of the patient should be under control.

If you still have some query, feel free to ask

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor