Diabetic. Had angioblast. Diet and cure to be taken?

Dr. G.Srinivasan

Urologist

Posted on Mon, 28 Jan 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Question: My dad had an angioblast 10 days back. His Creatinine levela re 1.88. He is a diabetic patient. What diet is suggested for this? He has to take care of his hear and creatinine levels.
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later

Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.

Taking care of the heart involves---

1. Regular exercise till the limit of tolerance ( as much as he can)
2. Regular medicines.
3. Regular check up.
4. Quit smoking if so.

Taking care of the kidneys involves---

1. Strict diabetic control.
2. Regular medicines.
3. Regular followup with the nephrologist.
4. Diet modification- Moderate protein, low salt.

Hope this helps, kindly write back for doubts if any,
Wishing him best health,
Best regards
DR GS
Follow up: Dr. G.Srinivasan 11 minutes later
We have to eat low salt and Phosphorous foods.

Can you suggest the foods? Because foods such as Whole Grain, Oranges, beans, legumes,leafy vegetables and carrot which are supposed to be taken by heart patients or not recommended for People with high creatinine.

So which foods can control both of these?
Welcome back.
The above mentioned foods are ok.
If not seen already, please consult a nephrologist to assess the extent of kidney function.
If the creatinine as you mentioned is 1.88, no great diet changes are required.
Half salt is a must. Protein XXXXXXX foods like egg/ pulses and meat need to be restricted to half the intake now.
A dietitian's help may be needed to plan what is called RENAL DIET. The nephrologist will get help you get in touch with a dietitian.
Best regards
DR GS