Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Diabetes, heart and BP issues. Slow body. What can I do to become active?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1978
Answered : 6714 Questions
MY dad si of 62 years of age and he having diabetic, heart and BP issue due to which his body become very slow. so i want to know what to do to make him active as he is not doing anything
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
I understand your concern and will try to help you put.
There are three things to be done.
1st. Make sure that his diabetes and blood pressure is tightly controlled and medications for them should be given regularly.
2nd get his VIT D,VIT B12,iron,calcium,magnesium,FOLIC acid checked and supplement those which are deficient.
3rd you have to provide psychological and emotional support to him by talking to him and making him happy.He should not feel loneliness.
Take him out for morning walks and persuading him to do mild yoga or exercises.
Ask him to practice XXXXXXX breathing exercises.keep on pepping him up.
I think if you follow this patiently,your father should improve considerably.
I hope to have answered your query however you can revert to me for any other query.
Thanks and best of luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Diabetologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor