Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Developed swelling under eye. Do I need surgery to remove this fat deposition?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1977
Answered : 1175 Questions
I have developed under eye swelling under my left eye after having restylene in the tear trough area they have gone and broke down the restylene but the swelling remains and now looks like a bag under this eye could this be a fat deposit and can I have it removed surgically.
Posted Thu, 14 Mar 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 15 hours later
thanks for sending your query to us.
Restylene is sopposed to be effective for up to 18 months.That effectively means it is not effective after 18 months.So the benifits you get are not very long lasting.
The basic reason of under eye bags is that there is a lot of fat surrounding the globe of eye.This fat is put in place by a sheet of fascia.With the passage of time this fascia gets slack and the fat behind starts bulging forward.
This can always be corrected surgically and the results are much longer lasting.
Please do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Ophthalmologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor