Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

193 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Developed spots and itching on penis head. What is this?

Answered by
Dr. Praveen Rodrigues


Practicing since :1993

Answered : 1196 Questions

Posted on Mon, 10 Dec 2012 in Penis Problems
Question: For several months now and getting worse i have had slight itching on head of penis it is also blotchy and purple in color and have had small flat nonraised spots developing on start two to three months ago and more are forming had all std test a month ago and it was clear....what is this? I am sexually active with one partner and we had anal sex once and two days later was when i started noticing the discolor
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 2 hours later
Hi there,
From your description, it appears to be a 'lichenoid' dermatitis as per the colour description & could be unrelated to the anal sex. However, if one suspects this, then a single dose of a kit containing 1gm azithromycin, 200mg fluconazole & 2 gram tinnidazole may be the right cocktail provided you are not allergic to the same & get it prescribed by a registered medical practitioner! Locally, use a cream atop the penis containing a betamethasone-fusidic acid combination this probably one would be able to get over the counter. relax, it will all work out ;-) Cheers & trust this has pointed you in the right direction to make an informed choice & wish you a clear skin soon!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venereologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 8 minutes later
What about the outlined flat looking non raised spots.....there are quite a few some around each other and some i said they are not raised though and they do itch seldomly
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 10 hours later
Hi there.
In medicine, we try to look at the wholisitic picture. Do follow my instructions & it should all resolve. In the end, this is what we both wish to achieve. Hence have given you the best possible solution online. I sincerely do help it works out. But we do have our limitations online. Please do visit a dermatologist or venereologist as soon as the primary problem is resolved & get your partner examined too. Good Luck & Godspeed!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to

Recent questions on  Fusidic acid

doctor1 MD

Hi, My husband has pus filled pimples in the backside of his head. He has very oily hair. We have observed that they come up whenever he has sweets or his hair becomes very oily. They usually come and go very frequently. It has been like this for...

doctor1 MD

My wife has had sores on her arms and legs for about 1 year. They're not painful unless she picks at them. When she does pick at them, there's a small, hard, round ball that comes off. Attached is a photo. Any ideas what this could be?

doctor1 MD

hi I believe I may have shingles I do you have a diagnosis of p a d that was determined about a year ago my rash developed on the shin of my right leg and because of the p a d I think I dismissed many of the initial symptoms it got my attention...

doctor1 MD

i have dark spots or scars on my left cheek, i dont know what they are called, they are simply darkened depths in small circle shapes on my face. I have consulted a nearby dermatologist, he prescribed me to use fusidic acid cream bp, i have used it for about one month......i see no change......plz help me.

doctor1 MD

Hello sir, I have some warts on my penis since 10-12 yrs, I recently consulted with a dermatologist and he prescribed VDRL test (result-non reactive) and also Azithromycin, Acutret(Isotretinoin), Vitamin (D3), and Fusidic Acid cream however there are not mejor effevt in 15 days. Is it some bacterial infection or any viral infection? Please note that I never ever have any type of sexual activity or any exposure to drugs. I smoke regularly since last 3 years. Your suggestion matters as I do not have a very well qualified doctor here. Thank you and god bless you.