Owl Image

Ask a Urologist   »  

Developed spots and itching on penis head. What is this?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2012
Jul 2012

Dermatologist
Question
For several months now and getting worse i have had slight itching on head of penis it is also blotchy and purple in color and have had small flat nonraised spots developing on head....it start two to three months ago and more are forming had all std test a month ago and it was clear....what is this? I am sexually active with one partner and we had anal sex once and two days later was when i started noticing the discolor
Mon, 10 Dec 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 2 hours later
Hi there,
From your description, it appears to be a 'lichenoid' dermatitis as per the colour description & could be unrelated to the anal sex. However, if one suspects this, then a single dose of a kit containing 1gm azithromycin, 200mg fluconazole & 2 gram tinnidazole may be the right cocktail provided you are not allergic to the same & get it prescribed by a registered medical practitioner! Locally, use a cream atop the penis containing a betamethasone-fusidic acid combination this probably one would be able to get over the counter. relax, it will all work out ;-) Cheers & trust this has pointed you in the right direction to make an informed choice & wish you a clear skin soon!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venereologist
Bangalore.

Follow-up: Developed spots and itching on penis head. What is this? 8 minutes later
What about the outlined flat looking non raised spots.....there are quite a few some around each other and some not....like i said they are not raised though and they do itch seldomly

Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 10 hours later
Hi there.
In medicine, we try to look at the wholisitic picture. Do follow my instructions & it should all resolve. In the end, this is what we both wish to achieve. Hence have given you the best possible solution online. I sincerely do help it works out. But we do have our limitations online. Please do visit a dermatologist or venereologist as soon as the primary problem is resolved & get your partner examined too. Good Luck & Godspeed!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD