Developed small white spots on face. How to remove this?

Dr. Kruti

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 5 Feb 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have developed small white spots on my face around my eyes. Seems to be increasing. Is there any solution to reduce / remove these?
Answered by Dr. Kruti 1 hour later
Hello

I will be glad to be of assistance.

White spots on the face could be due to many causes:-

1. Sun allergy called polymorphous light eruption.

2. Post inflammatory hypopigmentation secondary to a rash.

3. Pityriasis versicolor which is a fungal infection

4. Vitiligo

If they are raised it could be Milia which is more like dead skin.

I would recommend that you check out these conditions online and let me know if it resembles the white spots on your face.

The treatment for each would vary.

Application of cortisone cream on it would take care of the sun allergy.

Clotrimazole cream would take care of pityriasis versicolor.

Milia need to be burnt off.

Hence I would request you to let me know if your lesions resemble any of the conditions I mentioned or post a photograph here.