Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Developed small black spot on skin. Not raised or itchy. Should I go for check up?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 1989
Answered : 883 Questions
Hi recently developed a small black spot on skin it doesn't itch or is raised it's tiny but looks glossy and is sort of round should I see a doctor?
Posted Tue, 31 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
Taking into consideration the color of the spot and the glossy appearance it would be safe to consult a dermatologist and get it clinically and pathologically evaluated to prevent any misdiagnosis.
I hope this answers your querry
With regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor