Developed slight tremor in thigh. What to do?

Dr. Rajesh Gajwani

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 18 Dec 2012 in General Health
Question: Hi I have developed what seems to be a slight tremor in my left thigh. I also have a XXXXXXX bruis in that thigh as well. I cant see the bruise but with a little pressure you can feel pain. Can the tremor or spasm be caused by this. The spasm is so light you cant see it but i can feel it slightly only at rest
Answered by Dr. Rajesh Gajwani 33 minutes later

Were you injured recently or did you over exert while exercising? If not, then you should take oral analgesic medicines with anti inflammatory drugs, Local hot fomentation and physiotherapy may also help.

Yes, the tremor can happen due to the pain/injury/spasm in the underlying muscle.
You may also take multivitamin tablets, once daily for a month for the same.

Hope I have been able to answer your query. Please let me know if you have any doubts.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Mohammed Kappan
Follow up: Dr. Rajesh Gajwani 44 hours later
Thank you, the muscle is definately bruised. It feels like a knife is going into it when pushed on. The tremor (slight shaking feeling) comes and goes. I began taking a multi vitamin as you suggested. How long may it take to heal up and the tremor to stop?
Answered by Dr. Rajesh Gajwani 8 hours later

As the healing occurs, the tremor will reduce and then eventually fade completely. Time of healing varies; it may take up to a month if it’s a XXXXXXX injury.

Taking pain killers may be helpful but rest and hot fomentation should be done as well.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad