Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
195 Doctors are Online

Developed severe pelvic pain in lower side. What could be causing this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 2202 Questions
i have been doing crossfit workouts and have developed a sharp severe pelvic pain in right lower side. i am a 40 year old female. It is not constantly sharp but I know "its there" most of the time but very sharp with certain activity. Just started about a week ago. I started crossfit 3 weeks ago. Feels worse than just muscle pain
Posted Tue, 26 Feb 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 1 hour later

As per your medical history, you had kidney stones with haematuria. The pain in right lower side may be due to Kidney stone or a stone might have passed from kidney and blocked the ureter. The pain may get aggravated on specific movements.

Ultrasound abdomen has to be taken. It not only helps in diagnosis of Kidney/Ureteric calculus, but also appendicitis, Pelvic inflammatory disease etc. If ultrasonography turns out to be negative for all of the above, the pain may be due to a simple muscle spasm.

So get an Ultrasound abdomen done. I will be happy to guide you better if I can see the report. Please attach and let me know when you have it.

Meanwhile, you can do the following.
1. Consult your family physician to get a prescription of an antispasmodic and a muscle relaxant.
2. Drink at least 3 liters of water per day.
3. Restrict the movements which aggravates the pain.

Wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor