Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Developed pain in hip. What could be causing this?

Feb 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 5930 Questions
Do i have to go to a Chiropractor or Dr. if i have one hip higher than the other. And noted it has not always been this way, its my right hip and when i sleep on my rigt side it only hurts when i turn to go to the left side and thats fetal position, now when i place a cushion or pillow between my knees its significantly less pain when i go to turn from right to left. It really seems to stem from my low back more than anything, I'm 6' 5" tall and can't touch my toes without bending my knees. I own a Body Bridge, and an Inversion Machine. Is there anything i can do on my own for myself?
Posted Sat, 2 Feb 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later
Thanks for writing to us.

I went through the details submitted with diligence. It seems you might developed muscular spasm or tendinopathy at right hip.

I would suggest getting this evaluated by an orthopedician for detailed examination and accurate diagnosis.

Your doctor after diagnosing the condition might refer you to a physiotherapist for soft tissue massage,stretching of tight muscles and strengthening exercises of weak muscles.

You can do following measures to get relief from the pain and for quick healing:
1. Do hot fomatation at the site.
2. Apply local anti-inflammatory gel 2-3 times a day.
3. Take anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen to reduce pain and inflammation.
4. Regular exercises as adviced by your doctor.

I hope this answers your query. I will be available for further guidance if you needed.
Please close this discussion, if you do not have any other queries. I would appreciate your reviews about this service.

Wishing you good health...

Dr Saurabh Gupta
Orthopaedic Surgeon.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor