Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Developed lump under penis skin and hurts to touch. What cure should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 2190 Questions
I grew this big bumb/lumb under the skin on my penis. It's big and red right now. I hurts when I mess with it or try to squzze it. I haven't had sex or interact with another female lately.I do shave eer 3 days. I noticed by it I have little open holes. Might have been from last time shave I cut a little with not so clean razors.
Tue, 11 Dec 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 1 hour later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic and thanks for your query.

I had just answered your previous query regarding this problem. With the additional information which you have provided (that you have shave frequently and that you have noticed tiny little holes nearby), your bump is most likely due to a folliculitis or an infected sebaceous cyst only.You don't have to worry much as these swellings will subside soon with antibiotics. I would advise you to follow the same remedial measures...

- Take a course of an antibiotic, like Cloxacillin (the required dosage for such swellings would be 500mg three times a day) for a period of 3 to 5 days.

- Wash the area with a mild soap or anti-septic solution, 3 to 4 times a day.

- Keep the area dry and sweat-free, and wear loose cotton underwear.

- Never squeeze or pinch the solution as it can cuse further infection and pus collection.

- If it the swelling doesn't subside within 1 week, then I would suggest that you consult a doctor in person for a proper evaluation and further management.

In the future, avoid 'back-shaving' i.e. shaving in the opposite direction as that of the hair, as this is more likely to cause folliculitis or infections; and always use clean razors.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist & Sexologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor