Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Developed itchy lumps on foreskin. How to get rid of these lump?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Allergist and Immunologist
Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 584 Questions
I developed lumps about b.b.size near the end of my foreskin literaly overnight. There is s minor itichyness. They are not from intercourse because i have been celebate for over a year
Posted Mon, 10 Dec 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Sujoy Khan 2 hours later

Thanks for writing to us.

Such lumps are most likely sebaceous cysts and are normal.

Do not try and squeeze them or to remove them yourself. If you think there is yellow pus or redness then an infection is likely for which you need to see an urologist. Otherwise just leave them as it is.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Developed itchy lumps on foreskin. How to get rid of these lump? 9 hours later
Will they go away, or do they have to be removed?
Answered by Dr. Sujoy Khan 18 minutes later
Most of the time, they do fade away in a few weeks. Sometimes, this requires a surgical procedure to drain the cyst and treated with isopropyl alcohol (of course has to be a sterile procedure); so see the doctor if you want this done.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor