Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

Developed frozen shoulder. Doing physiotherapy. Should I consult an orthopaedic surgeon?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2012
Answered : 1038 Questions
Hi doctor
I have develop frozen shoulder (i did have cortisone shot did not work for me) on right hand also ultrasaund of wrist show carpel tunnel on my right wrist mezuring of median nerve n is 12m and left wos10 m my neck is start to bother me so mach pain in my right hand fro shoulder to elbow to wrist and fingers ,namboling not slipping nights.
I doing currently fisiotherapy for one months wich strech my right elbow beafore wos always bend on half still can not do my hand up and in the back .
I did go at neurologist last week for carpel tunnel syndrome test he said my nerves are ok he said all problems are in the right shoulder to keep doing this intense exercise with fisiotherapist .
I notice when he test with hammer my knee my right lover leg jam high bat when he hit left she did not react at all is that ok or not he said nothing and also i could not wolk on my heals or wolk in line at test he said also nothing only he told me to bay wraps for my wrist maybi will healp.
My question is whay my left leg did not react and also on april 30 i have to see orthopeadic surgeon or specialist for second opinion can you please tell me what should i sea like the best answers for all my problems what is best question for all my problems .
Should i have also mri- test for my spine or not ? Is my problems is reacuring or not?
I also have lots of chills going on since long time naw bat more since i start fisiotherapy.Like i having cold bat is not cold it is evry day going on lately more and more like i will froze.
When i geting up from bed sometimes i have so pain in my lover back i think i will not be able to walk in future it is that hard bat not evry day once in couple weeks i get that problem !
Thank you,
Posted Fri, 10 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Achuo Ascensius 5 hours later
thanks once more for the query.

Since i have already answered the first part of your query in your previous query, am just going to talk on the second part here.

Chills or shivering may occur at the beginning of an infection and are usually associated with a fever. Most often than not chills indicate an infection which could be bacterial, viral or parasitic (malaria). However, cold exposure could as well produce chills.
It is lkely that the back pain you have is as a result of degenerative vertebral disease or osteoarthritis as in your history there is notion of oseophytes which is indicative of osteoarthritis.

Your MRI should cover the whole vertebral and shoulder areas, you should have a complete blood count to investigate the cause of your chills together with other tests such as urine and CRP.

Hope this answers the second part of your query. If you have more query or specific follow up query, i will be ready to help.
Best regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Developed frozen shoulder. Doing physiotherapy. Should I consult an orthopaedic surgeon? 1 hour later
Since i have this rapid strech of my fisiotherapist i start to fill chills more and more i consider she has to do that way i can not complein for naw it my only hope ,she will pull my hand so and she will say o came on is not that painfull honestly it is my eyes pop out .
I wrote i will go for few days at orthopeadic specialist.What is the best question for me to ask him you recomande to me .
Thank you doctor Achuo A.
Answered by Dr. Achuo Ascensius 2 hours later
thanks again for the query.

Meeting the orthopedist is paramount. The aim of meeting him is to evaluate tendon, ligament, bone and nervous damage at the level of your upper extremity and to discuss management options.

It is after the evaluation has been done and the facts or problems established that specific questions on various management options will matter most.

At this level, you should do a normal consultation with the specialist ( state your complaints and narrate the history) and present all your previous test results. He will then proceed in asking you questions, then examination and may further ask for tests.

Hope this answer your query and helps.
If you have further query, pleas do not hesitate because we are here for you. If you do not have further query, you could close the discussion and rate the answers.

Best regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor