Developed diarrhea and irregular bowel routine after eating Chinese food.
Acute gastroenteritis/dyspepsia very likely.
Thank you choosing 'Ask a doctor' service for your query,
The symptoms you are describing are mostly suggestive of Bacterial gastroenteritis (commonly called stomach flu).Having symptoms after having Chinese food is again suggestive of the same.It involved bacterial infection of the intestine causing inflammation.Inflammed intestine fails to digest food and absorb water properly causing loose watery stools.
Stool analysis and culture are required to confirm the diagnosis.
Management is with antibiotics (usually a combination of Ciprofloxacin and Metronidazole) for which you will need a prescription. So please be advised to follow up with the urgent care.
Meanwhile, drink plenty of electrolyte containing drinks like Gatorade and oral rehydration solution.
Follow soft diet.
BRAT (Banana, Rice, Applesauce, and Toast) diet will be easier on your tummy and would be easy to digest.
Keep taking probiotic.
To stop loose stools take over the counter Imodium tablet 4 mg twice daily.
Stop taking laxatives for few days.
Feel free to follow up.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for chronic pancreatitis and recurring ribs pain
- What causes an itchy red rash around the anus?
- Suggest treatment for chronic vomiting when diagnosed with gastroenteritis
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the ribs
- Is Rabeprazole an effective medication for reflux esophagitis?
- What causes excessive burping and abdominal pain?
- Suggest treatment for severe back pain
- Suggest natural treatment for severe acid reflux
- What causes black stool?
- What causes intermittent pain after anal fistulotomy?