Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Developed bump on bottom of toe and tender to walk. What cure should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 816 Questions
stepped on broken peice of glass on big toe 2 weeks ago i have had this little bump on bottom of toe its tender walkin on it
Posted Fri, 19 Oct 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 18 minutes later
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
It seems that you have got the splinter of the glass in the XXXXXXX tissue and a piece has broken in and now it has formed the bump which is most likely made of the foreign body and an inflammatory reaction surrounding it and may be some amount of pus due to infection.
It is difficult to pick the glass on Xray or CT scan because the xrays do not pick transparent material, MRI can be helpful.
Another option is to get examined by the surgeon and if there is convincing findings then get the bumpy area explored under local anesthesia/blocks to remove the impacted glass piece.
You would need pain killers and antibiotics for three four days.
You should take a quick action because the infection can spread to bring serious complications.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor