Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Developed boils on inner thigh. Should I consult a dermatologist?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1391 Questions
I have developed boils recently since past 2 weeks. Its seen towards the inner thighs below my private parts. I observed that the boils go away in some time, but new ones keep developing. Should I consult a dermatologist in this regard.

Tue, 18 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 30 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.

Recurrent boils are caused by bacterial infection by a bacteria staphylococcus aureus.
It needs to be treated with special drugs like mupirocin.

It is available as a Mupirocin 2% oint.It has to be applied twice daily over the affected area.Also it has to be applied in nasal cavity where the source of infection usually is.

Also washing your hands frequently with antiseptic hand wash will help a lot.

A visit to dermatologist will be required to confirm the diagnosis and prescribe you few oral antibiotic drugs.This will help get rid of infection rapidly.

Hope this helps.
I will be available for follow up.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor