Developed abdominal pain and loss of appetite after eating almonds. How to get relief?

Dr. Ratnakar Kini

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Fri, 25 Jan 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Question: Three days ago, I ate a couple of handfuls of natural almonds. An hour or two later, I developed a gnawing pain in the center of my abdomen, a little below the breast bone. I immediately lost any appetite I had. I suffer from GERD, and all night long I was refluxing. I tried some Peptobismal to try to soothe it. I felt better the next day, but I still have a mild gnawing paid in the center of my abdomen. Could that be caused by the almonds and can it last several days?
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 15 minutes later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.

Yes this could be due to almonds.
You can take PPI medications like OTC prilosec for better relief.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini