Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Developed a lump with bruising after being hit

Apr 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 9351 Questions
I fell and hit my cheek on the edge of something. It was painful and swelled within an hour. I also got a very bad bruise soon after. The bruise is gone but now there is a hard lump in my cheek in the affected area. Do i need to go to the dr. I dont have insurance
Posted Thu, 16 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query. Well,bruise is probably gone from superficial skin layer where it is visible,but bruise(hematoma) forms in deeper subcutaneous tissues too and there it can persist for few weeks before it is resorbed. Also,there can be muscle contusion or traumatic fibroma which is commonly seen after such injuries. In every case, I dont think that you need to visit doctor since all these things will pass spontaneously in short time. You can apply some ice compresses,but even without it,it will pass. You just need to be sure that there wasnt bone fracture in this area but it happens usually in more intensive injuries and in older people. Wish you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor