Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Developed a droopy eye lid, double vision and swishing sound in ears. Should I consult a neuro doctor?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 926 Questions
I have in the last week developed a droopy left eye lid, double vision and a swishing sound in my ears. I went to my ophthalmologist yesterday and he said that my left eye is dilated also and that this is the reason I have been having problems with light sensitivity. The opthalmologist said I need to get in with a Nuero doctor. It is Sunday and I am worried and the drooping and the swishing sound are driving me crazy....I have been searching the net and one site said to go to ER with these symptoms. I have Lupus, SLE, and I really hate going to ER because of the long wait...Should I go or wait until I can get a referral to a Neuro doctor?
I need to know ASAP, As I might need to go to ER
Posted Fri, 17 Aug 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 57 minutes later
Hi there,

I think it would be better if visited the ER . Even though you dislike the long wait , you will have peace of mind, knowing that help is at hand and something can be done about it..

Hope this helps.

Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor