Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Detected with hypothyroidism, hair loss, irregular menstrual cycles, low sex drive. Need for Specialist?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1851 Questions
Hi ....I have asked a question on the website earlier and was satisfied with the reply. I am a married woman and my age is 30. In the year 2009, I got detected with hypothyroidism and I have symptoms like hair loss, tiredness, depression, irregular menstrual cycles, dry skin and hair, almost null sex drive. I have relocated to Bangalore in 2011 after my marriage and trying to find a good lady thyroid specialist in Bangalore but unable to find one. I want a lady thyroid specialist who is patient to listen in detail about my symptoms and guide me accordingly. Could you please suggest me a good lady thyroid specialist in Bangalore? I stay in Babusapalya, XXXXXXX nagar near Banaswadi, Bangaore, Karnataka.
Posted Fri, 17 May 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 2 hours later
Thanks for your query.
I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

Important aspects of your query are:
•     30 year old female
•     Known case of Hypothyroidism
•     Complaints of: hair loss, tiredness, depression, irregular menstrual cycles, dry skin and hair and absent sex drive.
•     Searching for female doctor

Hypothyroidism can be treated by DM endocrinologist. If female DM doctor not available nearby your place, it can be treated MD General Medicine doctor. MD medicine doctors are very easy to find. You can ask for them in nearby hospitals.

Hypothyroidism is not difficult to treat. It is usually treated by thyroid hormone tablets like eltroxin. But important thing is regular treatment and thyroid hormone monitoring on prescribed interval. So, it is better to take consultation from nearest available physician.

Person with thyroid problem have increase risk of developing depression. If your depression do not resolve after one month of treatment of hypothyroidism, then it will be better to take psychiatrist opinion too for treatment of depression.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Detected with hypothyroidism, hair loss, irregular menstrual cycles, low sex drive. Need for Specialist? 1 hour later
Thanks for your reply and guidance doctor. I was wondering if you or your team can recommend few good DM endocrinologists in Bangalore. I am okay even if the location is not near my home. I mean, if I want to get sound treatment, I do not mind travelling within Bangalore to visit the doctor.
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 53 minutes later
Hello again,
Thanks for follow up.

In following link you can check list of good endocrinogist, who are on panel of XXXXXXX By clicking on there name you can also get their address.

You can select one of them based on: location, experience and user's review.

Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful.

Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Endocrinologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor