Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Detected fibroid, sol in uterus myoma, adenomyosis. What treatment is required?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 2565 Questions
The gynecology doctor wrote after checking up my wife - detected fibroid, and the diagnostic center reported sol in uterus S/O MYOMA/ADENOMYOSIS. Kindly advise me what is the next test/ treatment.
e-mail : YYYY@YYYY
Posted Thu, 25 Oct 2012 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 33 minutes later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

Your question is a very good one and I will do my best to provide you with good information and recommendations.

It is very common for females to develop uterine fibroids. These are benign growths Within the uterus. Sometimes they May become symptomatic and cause pain or possibly bleeding.

The next step for you would be for you to discuss possible surgical management of the findings that were found on the imaging study. This can be initiated by a small biopsy. The biopsy will help the doctors determine what type of growth is within the uterus. Most of the time again these are just fibroids. If there is any suggestion that it is something else such as cancer then there might need to be a different type of surgery recommended.

I suggest that you discuss the possibility of a Biopsy with the gynecologist. Beyond that she may have a hysterectomy performed which will remove all of the fibroid tissue.

Thank you again for sending your question. Please let me know if you have any additional questions regarding this matter.

Dr. Robert

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Oncologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor