Details regarding hair transplantation.
Treatment cost of hair transplantation has a wide range depending on the place you go. Treatment cost also depends on the severity of baldness, how many grafts needs to be put etc. Therefore only face to face consultation with transplant surgeon will give you the exact treatment cost. You may consult many doctors who are established in hair transplantation and can go for the doctor who gives you the best deal. It may range from 1-5 lakhs.
Hair transplantation can be a strip method, where a strip of hair containing skin is taken from back of your scalp and that will be incised to individual hair units and implanted into the bald area.
Follicular unit extraction is a method by which individual hair units are taken as punches from posterior scalp and implanted over bald area. Here large strip is not taken.
Hope this helped.
Hair transplantation is basically an out patient procedure. It is done under local anaesthesia. So bed rest is not required. Healing time for strip method is usually 2 weeks and follicular unit extraction is one week. Washing scalp to avoid scabs is important.
Initially all transplanted hairs will fall off in 1 week to 10 days. Then it will slowly start to grow. In 6 months time you can see a goo result usually.
Side effects will be pain, bleeding, sometimes swelling of face and scalp, redness, scalp itching etc.
There are allopathic medicines for baldness. Finasteride tablets and Minoxidil solution which is approved by US FDA.
Hope this helped
Batra's is homeopathy. I was talking about Allopathic treatment for baldness which is approved by US FDA. You may contact any good MD dermatologist for medical treatment of baldness. You may search for a healthcare magic elite panelist doctor in your locality for this.
For Hair transplantation it is better to go to a surgeon who does a lot of hair transplants.( Specialized Hair transplant clinics).
Hope this helped
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Nadifloxacin after hair transplant
- Hair transplant puss
- Do hair transplants work
- Is it safe to go for hair transplant
- Viral shah hair transplant
- What is the cost of hair transplantation
- Female hair transplant
- Pus in hair transplanted area
- Headaches due to hair transplant
- Desonide lotion hair transplant
- Dry and scaly skin around elbows and knees, use lotion regularly. Could...
- Having some strange spots on face with stinging and tingling sensation....
- Loosing hairs for last some time and used Mintop hair oil. Black marks...
- How to get rid of pimple scars?
- Having skin allergy, getting red rashes. Told to have Uritcaria. On...
- Had wrinkles, neck type pouch. Used radio waves to tighten, having more...
- Have had botox on forehead. Discovered a lump on forehead and vision...
- Diabetic, taking insulin along with Janumet and Glucophage. Having...
- Suffering from skin eruptions. Having burning and itching sensation. Cause?
- Getting eruptions these days. What could be the case?