Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Depression patient. Not able to digest food. Feeling uneasy, vomiting and loose motion. What should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1979
Answered : 624 Questions
Hello Sir,
My father is a depration patient. now he can't digest food. he fell uneasyness, vomiting, losemotion. what i have to do please guide me.
Thu, 9 Aug 2012 in Depression
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 1 hour later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

As your father is suffering with depression, you should please get him examined by a Psychiatrist and give him treatment for depression, as advised by his Psychiatrist.

As he is feeling uneasy, get his pulse, B.P. and blood sugar also checked.

For indigestion, you can give him Tablet Unienzyme twice daily after Lunch and Dinner.

For vomiting you can give him Tab Domperidone thrice daily, or on whenever required basis. Or you can give him Omeprazole with sustained release domeperidone empty stomach.

For loose motion, you can try two tsf of Psyllium (Isab gol) husk in curd twice daily. Give him plenty of water. Loose motions are generally self limiting. In case of no improvement consult a Physician.

If you have further query, please feel free to ask.

Wish your father speedy recovery.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor