Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Deposited sperm on the pants of partner. Took i pill. Periods delayed. Having abdomen pain, headache and body pain. Suggest?

Mar 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 4047 Questions

I deposited sperm on the pants of my gf on 14th and post that she took ipill on 16th (36hrs) as a precaution. The period is delayed (expected was 18th) and she is now experiencing extreme abdomen pain, swelling in legs, headache and body ache. kindly suggest what do to
Posted Sat, 9 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to us. Followings are my comments:

1) Ejaculation on your partner's pant prior to period date is quite safe and there is no chance of pregnancy from that. Additionally, she took I-pill after 36 hrs as precaution which gives her more than 85% extra protection.

2) I-pill is the responsible for above clinical features as side effect and delayed period due to hormonal imbalance. Premenstrual Symptoms may be associated with that.

3) Following taking I-pill, period may be delayed for 1 to 2 weeks and herein, I suggest her to wait at least one week to get period naturally and follow below mentioned things.

4) In this circumstance, she must do the following things:

- Take balanced diet with more green vegetables and drink more water or fluid.
- Take anti-spasmodic medication like DROTIN-DS with RANTAC for abdominal cramp.
- Take Paracetamol 650 mg (like CROCIN) for headache or body ache as required.
- Avoid mental stress by regular meditation or yoga (15-30 min).
- Keep bowel habit regular and take adequate bed rest.

5) If she doesn't get her period after waiting one week, she may need to take progesterone pill (like Norethisterone) to induce her period. In such case, she must consult with her doctor for complete prescription.

Hope, above information is quite helpful to you. Let me know if you need any clarification.

Wish your good health and practice safe sex in future.

Dr Soumen

For future query, you can directly approach me through
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor