Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Delayed periods, cramps in stomach, sore back, tingling vagina. Have polycystic ovaries. Not pregnant. What is it?

User rating for this question
Answered by
Practicing since : 1997
Answered : 1031 Questions
I am 20 years old, Not pregnant but I am about 5-6 months late for my Period yet I am in pain with my belly like period cramps and also my back is sore and down below keeps tingling if that makes sense, I have Polycystic ovaries What could be going on?
Posted Sat, 8 Sep 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 47 minutes later
Thanks for consulting us,
Polycystic ovaries are a known cause of delayed periods. This may well be responsible in your case.
It is important for women to have a period at least once every 3-4 months to avoid many long term complications. So, please visit a Gynecologist for a prescription to induce periods. She /He may also examine you to find out the cause of your cramps & tingling & suggest appropriate treatment.
However, if you are overweight try achieving a normal Body Mass Index as this may solve your problem to some extant.
Please write back if you have any question.
God bless you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Delayed periods, cramps in stomach, sore back, tingling vagina. Have polycystic ovaries. Not pregnant. What is it? 50 minutes later
Hello, Thank you
I live in the Uk so don't have open access to a Gyn dr I am due to see my GP soon should I tell her as well although I have and not much came off when I said to her.
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 5 hours later
You are welcome with all your questions.
Yes, you should discuss this issue again & stress that 5-6 months have passed since you last had periods & request him/ her to give you some medicine for periods. Otherwise he/ she should refer you to a Gynecologist for proper treatment.
Hope you get well soon.
Best Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor