Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Delayed periods, cramps, clotting, negative pregnancy test. Prescribed Siphene. Taken gonadotropin. Will I get pregnant soon?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12566 Questions
this time i had my periods 2 days delayed ,but i had severs cramps on first day with only dark red clotting discharge with no blood ...i had negative pregnancy test too.i had siphene last cycle as told by my doctor.why did i not have period with blood but only clotting discharge for two days only?last cycle my doctor suggested me siphene due to delayed periods...we are trying for a baby since 4 months, but each time i get delayed periods since 4 my doctor again suggested me siphene this time.last i had gonadotropin injection after my follicular study.....still everything in vain....will i get pregnant soon???
Posted Wed, 6 Jun 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 50 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query.
Dark red blood during the periods is a normal finding and is not worrisome.
The delayed periods are often associated with passage of old blood initially during the first day of period. Taking Hcg does not affect the blkeeding. It seems that you are having mild hormonal disturbance which is causing the delayed periods.
You need not be hopeless.
It takes repeated attempts to get pregnant successfully.
Do not worry, everything will be fine.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor