Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Delayed periods, body ache, feet swelling, mood swings, high body temperature. Possible to get pregnant without having sex?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 816 Questions
Hi, my periods are delayed for over two weeks now. My gynae suggested me to take DUB-5 three times a day for three days. She said i would be having periods within 3-5 days after withdrawing the course. it's been 4 days but no result. I've been experiencing backache, bodyache, swelling in feet, high body temperature, frequent mood swings for last 3 weeks. besides, i don't feel like eating anything. what to do?

The second question is- is it possible to get pregnant without having sexual intercourse. Yes, I've been sexually active (but never had intercourse) and last time by boyfriend ejaculated near my vagina. Are there any chances of getting pregnant? i did not take pregnancy test because i thought it is necessary to have penetration to get pregnant. but when i searched on internet it said that a woman can get pregnant even when a man ejaculates close to her vagina or rubs his penis with the vagina. is it true? what should i do now
Posted Tue, 18 Sep 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 58 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query.

You can be pregnant even if ejaculation occur near the vagina (sperms are motile & they can enter the vaginal tract from the outside).

You will need to be evaluated if you are not getting periods even after taking DUB-5. The next step would be to perform test to rule out pregnancy. I suggest you to do your urine pregnancy test with test kit available at pharmacy as soon as possible & consult your gynaecologist for further evaluation.

Hope this answers your query. I will be available for your further queries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor