Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Delayed periods. How to terminate the pregnancy?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12758 Questions
last month on 12th i had my periods but this month i have not yet got. health is getting effected. 3 months before i got married we don't want child in this early stage. Atleast one year we want to wait to settle all our financial things. Please advice if i m pregnant for month then how can i stop this pregnancy. if we terminate this pregnancy any problem in future for conceive.
Posted Thu, 13 Jun 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 22 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query.
It seems that your periods are overdue by 14 days. You need to test your urine for pregnancy using a sensitive urine for pregnancy test kit available over the counter at all the pharmacies.
In case the test comes positive- two lines, then you need to plan for an abortion. Although it is never advised to abort your first child, still if it is necessary then you will have to consult a gynecologist who after confirming the period of gestation by ultrasound scan will advise you proper medicines.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Delayed periods. How to terminate the pregnancy? 11 minutes later
Dear Mam,

Thanks for the answer.

Yesterday night i had slight bleeding and then it stop.

What dose it mean. Is there any problem?

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 24 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
The mild bleeding that you had yesterday could be due to a threatened abortion, impending period or an ectopic pregnancy. A urine test and ultrasound scan will help in proper diagnosis.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor