Delayed periods. Had sex, no ejaculation. Pregnant?

Dr. Aarti Abraham

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 18 Jun 2013 in Women's Health
Question: I got my last periods in 20th march then on 25th April.I had an unprotected sex on 19th May but my partner didnt ejaculate. I am not having my periods till now i.e. 28th May. Will I be pregnant or was I in my safe period on 19th May.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 32 minutes later
Hello
Technically speaking, one cannot guarantee the safe period.
The date of ovulation varies with each cycle.
Normally it is 14 days before expected period, that would make it around 14th May, but it can definitely vary by a couple of days.
So you cannot be definitely in the safe period on 19th May.
Please take a pregnancy test if you do not get your period within the next 3 - 5 days.
All the best.
Feel free to discuss further.
Follow up: Dr. Aarti Abraham 20 minutes later
What are the chances of me being pregnant??
Are there any symptoms which I can feel now...??
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 12 minutes later
One cannot calculate the chances in percentages.
I would put them at 50 %, if you push me.
Symptoms of pregnancy are notoriously unreliable, and it would only stress you out trying to imagine or unimagine them
It is better to take a test in a couple of days, and who knows, you might have your period by then.
Follow up: Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
does Zolpedem delays the menstrual cycle..??
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
No it does not affect the menstrual cycle.
Please go through this link

WWW.WWWW.WW