Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Deep bruise on hips,discoloured,indentation,fibrosis

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 1579 Questions
i fell about 6 weeks ago and had a very large, very XXXXXXX brusie on the fat of my buttock. THe brusie is gone, the buttock is still tender and a tiny bit disclored ( tan) but there is a serious "dent" in my butt that is about 5 inches long by 2 inches XXXXXXX what is this, will it go away, shoudl i do anything?
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 17 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query.

Since you had a bad bruise and hematoma formation after the fall, the indentation is a result of that. This is found during the healing process after bruise and is because of the healing process that cause necrosis (death) of fat cells and deposition of calcium into the skin or due to fibrosis in the area. This can lead to an area of skin that is hardened or even depressed and is very common in the gluteal or hip region/ muscles.

I suggest you to get it examined from your healthcare provider. It can go away on its own if it is superficial. Since the indentation (large diameter with depth) is large it is very unlikely to heal by itself.

You need a consult with a General Surgeon to get the right opinion after examination.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Wishing you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
,   ,   ,  
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor