Dear doctor, My son age 6 years was perfectly fine
My son age 6 years was perfectly fine till wednesday but he suddenly vomited at 4.30 pm so we gave him domstal 5ml and than he did 2 to 3 times more so we took him to emergency room and there he was given intravenus to stop vomit.
Next day same situation in evening and a little diarrhoea.
Since than he is instructed to take lanzol 15 mg in morning and taking domstal 2 times a day and yesterday he started taking zifi 100 after lunch and dinner.
Still every evening he is vomiting and we are scared why this vomiting is not stopping.
We are giving him water to keep him hydrated and since he is a fuzzy eater , he is very choosy in eating. Pls advise
Looks like viral diarrhoea - will explain
Hello...It seems your kid is having viral diarrhoea. Once it starts it will take 5-7 days to completely get better.
Unless the kid's having low urine output or very dull or excessively sleepy or blood in motion or green bilious vomiting...you need not worry.
There is no need to use antibiotics (LIKE CEFIXIME) unless there is blood in the motion. Antibiotics might worsen if unnecessarily used causing antibiotic associated diarrhoea.
I suggest you use zinc supplements (Z&D drops 1ml once daily for 14 days) & ORS (Each small packet mixed in 200ml of potable water and keep giving sip by sip) as hydration is very important and crucial part of treatment. If there is vomiting you can use Syrup Ondansetron (as prescribed by your paediatrician).
Regarding diet - Avoid fruit juices as they might aggravate diarrhea. You can give zinc supplements & ORS apart from normal vegetarian porridges & soups.
Best regards - Dr Sumanth Amperayani
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for viral diarrhea in children
- What causes pain in both the legs of a 4 year old child?
- Suggest treatment for atrial septal defect in children
- What causes bad body odor while suffering from fever?
- What causes eye bleeding while coughing in children?
- Suggest remedy for frequent infections in children
- What causes severe cough, vomiting and stomach pain in a child?
- Is air travel safe while suffering from ear infection?
- Does intake of Wymox help in curing viral fever in an infant?
- Are green diarrhea and pus cells in stool signs of bacterial infection?