Dear doc My baby is 1 month old now and

Pediatrician
Question
Dear doc
My baby is 1 month old now and breastfeeding. Feeding really well and we burp for 15 mins after feeding. Yesterday some milk came up through Babys Nose. Is it normal doc.
Sun, 4 Feb 2018 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Due to inadequate burping

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on Healthcaremagic.

It is not unusual for a baby to have some milk come out through nose and mouth. It can occur due to inadequate burping. You should burp the baby for at least 15-20 mins after each feed. All you need to do is to hold the baby head end elevated for this duration. The extra air taken causes distention and regurgitation. Proper burping will ensure its escape and the milk will not regurgitate back from the stomach to the food pipe.

Let me know if I could help further.