Dear Sir, my uncle is of 67 male, not under

Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist

Posted on Wed, 9 Jan 2019 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Dear Sir, my uncle is of 67 male, not under any medication. please guide me the future complication on attached ecg, also additional test if any needed.
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello

After reviewing the ECG attached by you I would like to tell you that it’s a sinus rhythm ECG with a slower heart rate. Now this slower heart rate can be normal in an individual but can also be due to some underlying pathology however if the patient is not having any symptoms that it is highly unlikely to be due to some underlying problem of the heart.

The complications that can arise because of slow heart rate is giddiness and sometime loss of consciousness leading to fall and injury. It’s advisable to get a 24 hour halter monitoring done to rule out any significantly lower heart rates or any sort of heart Block occurring transiently.

Hope to have been helpful.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D