Dear Dr. Bhagyesh V. XXXXXXX Hope you are doing fine.
Hope you are doing fine. Do you remember my consultation with you 2 months ago whenI had undergone a fistulectomy for fistula in ano. Hoping you can recollect our conversations and reports from our earlier messages that we have exchanged here.
This is to let you know that, It's been 2 months since I had got operated for the fistula and I am able to perform my daily activities after a month or so post surgery. Overall, I feel that the wound or incision that has been made from 10'0 clock to 11'0 clock ant has been covered with a newly formed skin externally also able to feel that area. However, as of now, I do still feel discomfort at the anus and couldn't sit for long time as it paining a bit. Also, a connective tissue/fibrous tissue that has formed internally at the surgical site is thicker and also hard when I press with him fingers, which is causing pain during defecation normally. I am also afraid that this is a problem with the scar tissue like earlier for which i got fistula due to hard stools and trauma in the anus. Although, When I went back to my surgical notes the doctor has written that the track has been removed and a lot scarring was seen when he first operated it in OT. Therefore, this is causing me afraid that this scar or connective tissue that formed internally again will cause some infection, trauma or some kind of inflammation to result in some abnormality or recurrence. It is still paining me sometimes as I am stretching something within my two legs while sitting or defecating.
I have earlier during my visits to him got to know from my doctor that I do have a fissure in midline 6 o clock and conventional treatment has been suggested also he prescribed me cremagel, sitz bath and food rich in fibre. Which I am thoroughly following since then... I am not sure why I have to go all through this as I am keen about my health and also made some changes to food. I have been tested by god since last one year, therefore, I finally with your advice gathered some strength and got operated but however, there are these complications still existing in my case.
Kindly suggest and may God bless you for your kindness and services. also I am thankful to you each time.
The recovery phase is fine and there are no complications existing now.
Welcome to Healthcaremagic.com
Nice to hear from you again.
I have all the previous interactions with you available on the same desktop and in co relation with current query, here is my advise.
* The nature of healing is always by fibrosis and scarring, so your current feeling of thick
area underneath the operated part is normal recovery.
* Occasional pain would be in relation to continuous prolonged pressure while sitting on
* Specific guidelines at present
- Continue sitz bath once daily in the morning after defecation.
- High fiber diet with plenty of liquids.
- Manage soft, regular bowel evacuations with bulk laxative as and when required.
- Avoid prolong sitting on hard surfaces, long bike drives if involved.
- Use soft cushion whenever possible at home.
- Do not get afraid of scarring or fault in surgery as the result is absolutely fine and still
the pain and discomfort will be vanishing more better over period of time.
- You do not require any medications for particular reason.
* So, in a nut shell, be positive, be confident and keep rest of the things in God`s hands
try to focus more on your routine and come out of post surgery stress issue with help
of meditations and YOGA on regular basis.
Wish you great health ahead in life.
Feel free for further discussions at anytime.