Dear Doctor, my answer to be question either by Gastro
my answer to be question either by Gastro intesine specialist or family physician. Gynaecologist should not answer my question.
my son ,age 19 is having motion sickness trouble,
When he travels in flight or any a.c/non a.ac. bus, car ;he vomits or has always strong vomitting sensation.
He prefers to travel empty stomach.But cannot enjoy the travel because he is dull ,noseatic. still he feels vomitting.F
If he travels full stomach then also he surely vomits.
He has tried many tablets as Avomin, Onde,Pan,Omez etc but no effect.
pl suggest the remedy.
Antimotion sickness medications are required
I can certainly understand your concern
I have worked through your attached query in detail
You son probably has moderately severe form of motion sickness.
Along with CAP. PAN D he requires antimotion sickness medications for complete control of symptoms.
I generally prescribe oral medications of Tab Betahistine 16 mg to my patients with such symptoms.
These pills to be taken 30 min before the journey begins on an empty stomach.
Please check with your physician if he/she shares my view and if can prescribe these medications to improve your son's symptoms.
Post your further questions if any.
My further quarries_
1.what are the side effects of Betahistine?Because you have prescribed it to be taken empty stomach.
2.My son is adult now and not a kid. still he suffers this problem only while travelling by any means except auto. Is this a lifelong problem?
if he needs to travel by air in foreign countries in future, then how would he manage?
3. Irrespective of travelling time, he stays empty stomach during a whole journey which leads more acidity. After taking your prescribed medicine, if he feels better then can he eat some light things while travelling?
4. Does the seat allocation in tyhe car ,bus or flight matters the motion sickness?(eg. I heard that seating on front seat of car leads toless sickness.
Relevant answer provided
Side effects of Betahistine are minimal
Motion sickness can affect anyone irrespective of the age
This is not a lifelong problem, it will gradually subside as one advances in age
Flight travel sickness can be treated on similar guidelines with cap pan D and Betahistine.
He can have normal diet 30 min after taking the pills during the journey.
Pan D has great ability to prevent Gastritis while on empty stomach.
Seat allocation doesn't influence motion sickness.
Post your further questions if any
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Does excessive massage result in temporary nerve damage?
- What is the prognosis for CKD with eGFR of 52?
- Suggest treatment for sore lesions on the chin and buttocks, nausea and...
- What do ingestion, diarrhea and brain fog indicate despite following a...
- Can CFS and de Quervain tenosynovitis increase one's CK levels?
- What causes chronic vomiting after several surgeries around the uterus...
- What causes difficulty in sleeping in an elderly person?
- Suggest ways to lose weight in a healthy manner
- Suggest treatment for persistent sinus infection
- Suggest remedies for swelling and purple bruise around the finger nails