Dear Doctor, My enquiry might seem silly and rather embarrassing,
My enquiry might seem silly and rather embarrassing, I apologize in advance if I include details that might be irrelevant.
I am a 29 years old guy, currently undergoing no treatments and, to my knowledge, healthy.
Last night I hooked up with a guy around my age through a dating app and we engaged in sexual activities. He claimed to be healthy but I cannot be 100% sure about it, obviously.
We used a condom for oral sex but before doing so, he hit me in the face with his penis and I definitely felt his precum wetting my eye (not inside the eye because I closed it).
The problem is that earlier last week I had a skin fungus removed just below my eye and at the time of the event the sore was not bleeding but still not healed completely, it hurt and the skin was fresh.
My fear is that his precum entered the sore on my skin. Do you think I am at risk of having been infected with HIV and should I get tested?
Also, I had a cut on my finger from a few days before and although it wasn't bleeding, it wasn't completely healed either.
What scares me the most is the possibility that his precum entered my eye or the sore below my eye and infected me with STDs.
Many thanks for your help and opinion.
There is no risk for HIV.
Hello and welcome in"Ask a Doctor".
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Based on your history, having just a contact with his precum in the sore below your eye or in old cut in your hand, you shouldn't worry because there is no risk for HIV.
I think his precum was not inside your eye because you have to felt if it was inside.
It needs a contact of precum with an open bleeding sores to exist the risk of HIV.
The only risk in this situation is to get syphilis if he has primary or secondary syphilis during this time.
Hope I have answered your query.
Feel free to ask me further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can HIV be contracted from biting someone on the clothing?
- Suggest treatment for fever, lack of appetite and loose stool
- Suggest treatment for persistent headache while on antibiotics
- Suggest treatment for recurrent malaria
- What does my IGG result report indicate?
- What causes lymph node swelling while treating tuberculosis?
- Can HIV be contracted through oral sex?
- Suggest treatment for red bumps on the vaginal lips and inner groin area
- Suggest treatment for severe sore throat and jaw pain
- Is HIV RNA test done 2 weeks post exposure conclusive?