Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Dear Doctor, My doughter whose age is 2.2 years she

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1919 Questions
Dear Doctor,
My doughter who's age is 2.2 years she felt down 1week back and the XXXXXXX was still reflecting on her face also her hand got burned 2 months back and same XXXXXXX is still reflecting on her hand, kindly suggest me the best cream or medicine to remove the marks
Posted Mon, 29 Jul 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 25 hours later
Welcome to healthcare magic
Your daughter is having scars due to fall and burn. It would help me if you can upload pictures of scar/ marks as the management depends on the type of XXXXXXX she has. You have an option of uploading pictures on the right hand side of your query page. Kindly make use of the option. Waiting to see the picture.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Dear Doctor, My doughter whose age is 2.2 years she 46 hours later
Dear Doctor,
I have attached the snaps request you to help me in this regards
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 43 minutes later

Welcome back. Saw the pictures. The XXXXXXX over the hand is becoming a hypertrophic scar. A silicone gel containing vitamin c will be ideal for that scar. (eg: Opexa gel ) This gel has to be massaged on the scar over the hand twice a day.

The wound over the forehead is still in the healing phase. A combination ointment containing Fluticasone and mupirocin eg : Flutibact ointment can be applied twice a day for a week over the XXXXXXX to prevent chance of post inflammatory pigmentation.
Following which the first gel I mentioned can be applied over the forehead XXXXXXX as well.

As sunlight makes the XXXXXXX worse a physical sunscreen like zinc oxide cream ( eg: Sunstop 19 cream) can be applied over the marks during day time. Physical sunscreen is safe in children.
Get these prescribed by your doctor.

Hope this helped.
Wish you and your family good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Dear Doctor, My doughter whose age is 2.2 years she 7 hours later
Shall i purchase these creams
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 15 hours later

These creams are prescription medicines. Ideally you need a prescription for it. You may try your luck with a medical shop. The ointment Flutibact should be used only for a week and stopped and only a small quantity should be applied.

Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor