Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Ddelayed periods, regular on cycles. Can home pregnancy test on the 28th day confirm pregnancy ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 4036 Questions
the regular period cycle is 28 days ,can i check my home pregnancy test on the 28th day? will it be showing my pregnancy confirmation
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query.

Please note that the home urine pregnancy test detects hormone called hCG in urine.

The hormone hCG may be detected in urine about 2 weeks after conception (when the egg is fertilized by sperm).

Depending the day of ovulation and fertilization the result may be positive, may be negative if you test early.

You can check it early if you want. The test will be positive only after about 2 weeks of fertilization means if the fertilization has taken place on day 13-14 in your case then only the test will be positive in early days.

The ideal advice would be to wait for at least 4-5 days of your missed period and than go for test.

Still in case you want to take a chance as you are eager to know about you being pregnant or not, please try with first early morning sample.

In case the test is negative, do not lose your heart; repeat the test after 4-5 days of missed period.

One word of advise,as soon as your pregnancy test is positive please see your physician soon for advise regarding switching over to insulin for control of your diabetes during pregnancy, as oral medications are normally avoided in pregnancy as they are not safe.

I hope this helps.

Do write again if you have something more to ask.

In case you do not have further query, please accept the answer.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor