Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Daughter suffer low IQ. no interest in any activity at school. Advise?

Feb 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 3176 Questions
hi sir
I have two children. One daughter and one son. My daughter is elder and son is younger. My son is ok with good IQ and with good health. My daughter has low iq that is 70 and weak eye sight. she is 13 years old. Now she is in 5 th class. We have visited many doctors in New delhi and Faridabad but still no improvment. Now a days some time she becomes hyper. She is not taking intreset in any activity and school. So sir please advise me what should i do.
Posted Mon, 14 Oct 2013 in ADHD
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Needs more details related to her.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

She needs assessment for the cause for her low IQ, her hyperactivity, and lack of interest in activities and school work.

Before advising you about your child I need some details about her.

What is the diagnosis is made by her regular pediatrician or the other doctors to whom you have showed?

What about her scholastic and academic performance?

Will she play and communicate with her friends?

Is she having any behavioral problems?

Was there any significant medical problem in her since birth like prematurity, low birthweight, seizures, jaundice at birth, or hospital admission for any medical condition?

What about her mile stones? Did she achieve her speech and language milestones normally at appropriate age?

These details are important to know any underlying specific medical problem which will help to come to a conclusion and to advise further measures to be taken.

Awaiting for the details in your next follow up query.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Child Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor