Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Dark patches on penis, spreading condition, no pain, no increased sensitivity. Causes ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 466 Questions
I am 35 years old 165 lb 6 foot one and in good health. Although two months ago I had a almost a perfect dark circle appear on my pensis I did not think much about assuming it was a bruise until about two weeks ago another appeared in a differenet location on the penis. there is no pain or increased sensitivity. I am in a relationship with on sexual partner and have been for several months. What is the most likely problem
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 14 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

Dark circle like appearance on the penis can be due to inflammation and usually resolves by itself in few days time.Other than that it can be due to trauma,dry masturbation,age spots etc.

Since there is no pain,discharge,ulcer or any other symptom possibility of any infectious cause seems remote.

Sometimes age related spots can also arise on the penis due to abnormal pigmentation and insufficient exfoliation of the area with the advancing age. A possibility of that can be considered.

You can wait and watch and if there is development of any other symptom as pain,blister formation,fever,lymphadenopathy etc then a physical examination would be required.

Meanwhile follow general cleanliness measures as washing the area with antibacterial soap and water,keeping it dry and wearing clean undies.

Hope this information is adequate and answers your query. I will be available for follow up if any.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor