Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Dark circles around the eyes. Cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1980
Answered : 254 Questions
I have a problem of black ring arounfd the eyes, please suggest me how can i cure this ?
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 5 hours later

Thanks for posting your query.

Peri orbital pigmentation or dark circles is difficult to treat. Because the exact cause is not known. the precipitating factors are stress, sleepless nights and to a certin extent familial also. It is due to the increasae in pigmentation around the eyes, not only melanin but also Hemosiderin. some people consider this similar to lymphatic obstruction.

Some measures which might help you
1. The best treatment is to apply sun screens in the day time.
2. At night you can apply Vitamin C cream or vitamin C veg caps are available (Strea Company).
Repeat applications for six months.
3. Wunder eye cream is marketted by glenmark pharmaceuticals. You may try this also. But be prepared for a long term treatment.

Avoidance of stress, adequate rest, good sleep and healthy nutritious diet are also essential.

Hope, this answers your query. I will be available for follow up queries.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor