Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Dark brown patch on scrotum, thick skin, testicles staying high rather than hanging. What should I do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12594 Questions
hey, well basically my scrotum has a dark brown patch on the underside of it and the skin of it is thick, also my testicles are staying high rather than hanging. what should i do ?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
From your description, it seems that you having a scrotal skin infection- most likely fungal which is causing the dartos muscle to contract and your testicles are staying high.
A direct examination by a dermatologist will help in confirmation of the diagnosis. Most of the times such minor infections do improve on topical treatment with clotrimazole ointment. In persistent cases, systemic antifungal agents might be needed.
You can get the appropriate drugs prescribed from your dermatologist.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Dark brown patch on scrotum, thick skin, testicles staying high rather than hanging. What should I do? 36 hours later
with the appropriate drugs prescribed, will it help get rid of this infection ? is this a serious thing ? and does this affect me in any way during intercourse ?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
With proper treatment, this infection can be completely treated. It is a common infection and can be easily taken care of. Please do not worry.
It does not affect you during the intercourse but exposes the female partner to the infection. Since it is contagious, you might transfer the infection to your partner.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor