question-icon

Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in chest, left hand numb, fingers tingle

Posted on Mon, 21 May 2012
Question: 47 yrs old, high bp last 2 yrs, recently cut Caffiene from diet, to lower bp, now have frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in chest, fingers tingle and left hand sometimes numb, nasea when i eat or drink anything during most severe attack bp was 130 over 80 last 2 yrs it has been running around 190 over 100
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal (4 hours later)
Hello.

Are you getting any regular treatment for your hypertension right now?

The slight pain in your chest can be due to a heart problem that can be ruled out by an ECG or it might be an associated problem along with indigestion.
The problem of bloating can be solved by avoiding spicy and oily food, having frequent small meals and with regular bowel movements.

Tingling and fingers and numb left hand can be caused by cervical spondylosis for which you stop using a pillow and start taking supplements of Methylcobalamin.
An orthopaedician can help you further if the problem is quite severe.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN