Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Cut between labia majora and labia minora. PH balance test came normal. Any thoughts?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4852 Questions
I got a cut between my labia majora and labia minora inside the crack of the connecting tissue
I had sex a week ago, and was not fully lubricated, but am not sure if it was from that. I took a PH balance test and it seemed normal. Thoughts? To both of our knowledge, neither of us have any STD's
Photos look like separate cuts. In the mirror, it looked more like one continuous cut a few days ago. Now it's healing in sections.
Posted Sun, 10 Nov 2013 in Women Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through your concern and the attached images. There might be many explanations to your current problem.

- Vaginosis = Please bear in mind that not all genital infections are related to STD's, the majority of women do have vaginosis commonly, so, this is quite normal for a sexual active woman.

- Moreover, "little" trauma during a "not fully lubricated" intercourse can has such "little injuries" as yours, which is being healed by using greek yoghurt and honey.

However, I would suggest, if you will have itching or vaginal discharge, then, you should do a vaginal swab testing to identify any source of infection and the right treatment.

Meanwhile, I would suggest to keep proper vaginal hygiene:

- wash with warm water and gentle feminine wash (I usually recommend to my patients)

- commonly I suggest to my patients washing the genitalia with chamomile tea

- dry it well

- then, you can keep applying greek yoghurt with honey.

If no improvement, after the testing result, I usually, recommend clotrimazole cream locally in case of infection or aloe vera cream where no infection is noticed.

Hope it answered to your inquiry! If you have further concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Cut between labia majora and labia minora. PH balance test came normal. Any thoughts? 40 minutes later
Can I go to a regular practitioner or do I need to see a Gyno for swab testing. My at home testing says it's either nothing or a yeast infection....if I did it right
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Gyno is better,simple suggestions before testing..

Detailed Answer:

If I were your medical doctor, I would advise to see a Gyno for a more specialized opinion.

However, as I mentioned earlier, if I were your doctor, I would advise to wait and see if you have improvement with the current treatment strategy for a couple of more days.

With regards to home testings, in your case, I'd prefer a "lege-artis" vaginal swab taken by your Gyno.

Before going for the test, I usually recommend my patients not to have sex for about 3 days prior to testing to avoid false results.

Furthermore, I usually recommend not to wash your genitalia with any feminine cleanser at least 1 day prior to testing, can use only water washing.

Hope it answered to your inquiry!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor