Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Cured from cancer, breast and lung in remission. Severe pain in groin. Advised for hip replacement. Suggest the cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1979
Answered : 2457 Questions
I am a cancer patient breast and lung in remission as of now I am cancer free. I am 200lbs. female and i have had sever pain in my groins. I lifted my stomach and on my leg next to my crotch are two soft lumps hanging down. When I touch them it causes ,no pain at all I can no longer bend down to pick something up without severe pain. I have had cortiso ne shots in my groin, hip, and back which just made it worse, I went to a doctor DO, and she said oh thats just fat. You need a stomach band because you will never be able to lose this fat with dieting.. I don't believe this and I don't know what these things are in my groins, I also went to my gynocologist, he didn't answer me, he did a pap test and then he said what are these discolorations on the lips of my vagina. He said he is doing an XXXXXXX sonogram in one week and then he is doing a biopsy a week later. He said it is probaly not cancer. He is an onchologist as well. I asked him are these lapomas on my leg. He said yes, don't worry about them. I am getting my results of my ovauries and I am having a biopsy. I am not scared because I have survived cancer twice. What I am really scared of is this intense pain in my crotch area and groins. I do not enjoy things because of this pain, in yet I take care of my 87 year old mother who stills enjoys shopping and walking in the mall. I go as far as I can and the pain is so intense that I must sit down and let her shop, oh how i used to enjoy this with my mother.Is this really just fat like the doctor says or is it something else? I must tell you that I have had alot of shots i my left hip and has been told to have a hip replacement, but why has the pain went into my right groin area I am not so ready to have a hip replacement I just think this pain is something else other than arthritus Please help me make sense of all this. Please explain.
Posted Wed, 23 Oct 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. M Y Shareef 2 days later
Brief Answer:
Need a FNAC for confirmation.

Detailed Answer:
Hi ! Good evening. I am Dr Shareef, a general surgeon answering your query.

After going through the details from your history, it seems that you are quiet apprehensive and troubled by the soft lumps in your crotch. Well although it is not possible to exactly opine on these without clinically examining these by anyone over the net, if I would have been your doctor, I would have advised you for a fine needle aspiration cytology of the soft swellings even when I might be sure that those could be just lumps of fat. This way, at least your apprehension on these swellings would have disappeared after getting the report of a possibly fat deposit only.

If the report comes out to be fatty tissue only, then I would like to give you some anti inflammatory drugs for the pain you are having with a gradual tapering dose, and if you are comfortable with a abdominal binder, would also advise for it. Even though regular exercises within your medical limits can help you out in getting your fat reduced gradually, I am not aware of your medical fitness for the same, and so will leave it to your treating doctor. Even though osteoarthritis of hip joint might give rise to referred pain in the groin area, you can leave it to your orthopedician to decide how urgently you need a hip replacement if need

Please do continue the treatment for your other ailments as before.

I hope I have answered your query. If you have got any further question, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks for using the health care magic forum for your health query. Good luck. Dr Shareef.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Oncologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor