Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Ct scan showed kidney stone. Noticed particles in urine with penis pain. What could be the cause?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1414 Questions
I have just passed a kidney stone I assume I passed it bec my pain subsided. I also noticed particles in my urine. The ct scan that I took showed a stone of 4.5 mm. When I felt better I had no pain. However a few days a ago I started getting pain in the penis its not constant it hurts the most when I need to urinate. When I actually urinate I also feel discomfort is this normal? What could be the cause?
Posted Sat, 2 Feb 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 6 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Features are suggestive of the stone still in the lower ureter or associated next steps would be to do urine analysis/culture and ultrasound scan to look for hydronephrosis.
Treatment is based o the results. Till then,
1. Plenty of oral fluids.
2. Cranberry juice.
3. Pain killers
should help.
Hope this helps. You may write back for doubts if any.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Nephrologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor