Cramps, vaginal discharge, no foul smell, taking Duphaston, did IUI. Is this normal?

Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta

Posted on Thu, 28 Jun 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Question: hi doctor,
i am 30 years old now.i was on infertility treatment for the pass 2 months,all test done and both of us are absolutely fine without any problem, i did IUI on the 10th of february 2012, today is my day 9 post IUI. i was told to take tab duphaston 10mg bd, currently i have been having mild cramps and excessive vaginal discharge with no foul smelling. the cramps are similar as im gonna have my menses but according to my last LMP im suppose to be having my menses around 28th february. i was advice to take tab duphaton till 25th of feb and on this day im suppose to do a HCG blood test. is this normal. i really wish to be pregnant and i hope this IUI will be sucessful.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 43 minutes later

Thanks for posing this query.

Duphastan contains hormone progesterone. The main function of progesterone is preparation of uterus for nidation and maintenance of pregnancy.
So this duphastan is helping you in implantation of the fertilized egg and continuation of the pregnancy. It can cause abdominal cramps as well as increase vaginal secretions too.

HCG blood test is the earliest test which can determine whether pregnancy has established or not in your case by IUI). HCG blood test is done from 8 to 10 days of conceiving or IUI.

So your treatment is going in right direction. I wish a successful pregnancy.

A word of caution at this point; even after taking the best care and treatment, first attempt may not be successful. Do not lose hope and repeat IUI's have better chances of success.

I hope to have answered your query. You are most welcome to revert back to me if you want to ask something more. Do accept the answer if you do not have any further queries.

Thanks and wishing you best of luck and praying to god that everything goes well and you become a dear mom.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 28 minutes later
thank you so much Dr XXXXXXX God Bless You.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 minutes later

You are welcome. If you wish me to address any of your concerns in the future, please address your queries to my attention (Attn: Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta).

Please do not forget to accept the answer if you have no more queries.

I wish you good luck.