Could you suggest ayurvedic medication for cold and cough in a child?

Dr. Munish Sood

Ayurveda Specialist

Posted on Fri, 10 Aug 2018 in Ayurveda
Question: hi
my four months old son has a little nose congestion and was having dry cough many times at night,was seen sneezing a few times in the evening as well. My five year old daughter is also having cold and cough for a few days. She is getting better, but the baby seems to have caught it.

The baby is exclisively breastfed. He was fed as usual at night,even though he was at times irritated with congestion in nose. He weighed 2.9 kg at birth. A couple of weeks ago, he weighed 6kg. He is not having any fever.

could you please suggest ayurvedic medicines for the baby?
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
further necessary information

Detailed Answer:

Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.

Thanks for contacting the Ayurveda section of [A]YUSH and since he is an infant and exclusively breastfed thus it is more important that you should take more care of yourself since indulging in incompatible food habits and activities will make your baby suffer more (as the incompatible food like cold/sour which you take can pass through your milk to the baby).

1. Babe kof syrup (ARYA)

2. Whoopin syrup (SANDU)

3. Saline nasal drops are best and feed him in an upright position

PS. You can later ask for Suvarn Prashan (Immunomodulation therapy) which is excellent for enhancing immunity power and protection of child to cough and cold.

Dr. Munish Sood
Consultant Physician
Naimittika

direct online link: bit.ly/drmunishsood
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng