Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

Could white dry patches on skin and rashes on forehead be due to scabies or ringworm?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 14962 Questions
Could it be scabies or ringworm. My eight year old has white dry patches on a couple of places on his skin and has a red pimple on his forehead that has red dots out from it and it looks like a rash
Posted Thu, 2 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 1 hour later
Brief Answer: different possible causes Detailed Answer: HI, thanks for using healthcare magic The red rash on his forehead sounds as though it may be different from the rash you are describing else where which is white and dry. The rash on his forehead may be a dermatitis which is basically inflammation of the skin that can occur due to different causes such as : (1)contact dermatitis - due to contact with an irritating chemical/lotion/cream (2)allergic dermatitis (3)seborrhoeic dermatitis (4)atopic eczema The main aspect of treatment of this kind of rash is avoidance of any irritating agent or allergen and the use of topical steroid creams. You may need a prescription for steroid cream. Scabies causes a rash that is intensely itchy , worse at night. This rash tends to occur between the fingers, the wrists, the back of the elbows,the knees, around the waist, umbilicus, axilla, genitalia, buttocks. It occurs on the face and head of very young children and infants but it is uncommon for it to be on the face at his age. The white dry patches may be a fungal infection (ring worm). These are usually circular lesions, dry, scaly. These can be treated by topical antifungals such as econazole, ketoconazole, lamsil. It may be possible to obtain these without a prescription. If you can attach a picture of the rash, it may be helpful I hope this helps,feel free to ask any additional questions
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor