Ask a Urologist   »  

Could this rash on my penis be a yeast infection?

Question
Hi, I’ve had redness/irritation under the head of my penis for the past two weeks. I have had std tests and they’ve all come back negative. I have been using antifungal cream, which seems to help, but won’t clear it up completely. Could it possibly be bacterial? I am circumcised and 24 years old and I haven’t been diagnosed with diabetes, which I’ve heard could cause it. Should I use bacitracin on it?
Thu, 7 Jun 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Urethritis or balanitis

Detailed Answer:

Since STD already ruled out, I suspect simple friction causing this redness and irritation, called as balanitis inflammatory head of penis. application of simple moisturizer would help. avoid masturbation and intercourse till it Southend alternative you can apply aloe Vera gel available at stores.
Next is to check for UTI with urine microscopy causing end urethritis. In such a case need antibiotics if proven.